3 – Board Starter
Today’s Kitesurfing lesson is all about teaching you the more advanced skills to keep you balanced in the water, and how to get your feet into the board straps so that you can water start. If you are an excellent student you may well stand up and Kitesurf a short distance, most stand up and fly over the front either way all are grinning to Cheshire cat standards!
The day starts with a recap and skills test so you can demonstrate total kite control and balance in the water. From here we follow progressive techniques to get you balanced in the water and then onto the board skills section thats focus`s on how to get your feet in the straps and to move / change direction using the board and kite pre water start.
AIM – By the end of the lesson we aim to perfect your flying skills, the techniques of water start and have passed on invaluable condition knowledge to keep you safe so that you ultimately can practise on your own.
For full details on what we teach you please select the Lesson plan tab below.
Below is a quide to what our instructor will teach you on your Step 3 – Water start lesson. We have a secret, tried and tested technique that works pretty much every time so reserve your place quickly.
• Weather forecast, tides and wind effects
• Right of way rules
• Kite choice according to the weather conditions
• Advanced water balance techniques
• Power stroke for a water start
• How to put your feet in the board straps
• How to maintain the correct position for water start
• Water starts in both directions and ride a short distance
• Come to a controlled stop
To join this lesson you must be able to demonstrate the following:
•Enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling a 4 line SLE kite
•Water re-launch the kite
•Solo body drag downwind
•Change direction to the left and right while body dragging
What is included?
What is included
Your course is taught by a professional IKO / BKSA instructor and includes 5 hours group teaching with no more than 3 students to one instructor, all of the kites, boards, wetsuits, harness`s, helmets as required.
- Our unique “Passport to ride” training Pack
- 4 hours professional tuition*
- All kites, wetsuits and safety kit as required
- Lots of fun
PLEASE NOTE FROM WE NO LONGER PROVIDE NEOPRENE SHOES (RE HYGIENE).
* If you book your lessons with us for Cornwall we give you an extra hour for FREE
What do I bring?
For this lesson you we recommend that you bring the following;
- Sun cream (if sunny)
- Swimming trunks not board shorts as under wetsuits are uncomfortable
- Towel and warm clothes
- If you have your own wetsuit / neoprene boots is always best to brig these with you as will no doubt be a better fit.
Its also worth bringing a bottle of water / drink and maybe a snack as this is an intensive 5 hours training.
Our Step 3 – Water skills is costed as below;
COST – £120.00 pp
All Kitesurfing lessons include the kites, boards, wetsuits, life jackets, and harness`s as required for the duration of the lesson only. Please note that we do not provide neoprene shoes for hygiene reasons.
Now that you have decided this Kitesurfing lessons is for you please just email a preffered date and we will check availability for your, reserve your lesson and forward an invoice to you. Your preffered date is held for 48 hours pending deposit, once recieved we will confirm your lesson date / dates and issue your training pack.